Permanent Cosmetics Program
Permanent Cosmetics Program
Elevate your beauty career with our 200-hour Permanent Cosmetics Program at the Aesthetics Academy of Virginia. Gain expert knowledge, learn cutting-edge techniques, and get ready for your State Board Licensing exam. Start your journey towards becoming a skilled permanent makeup artist today.
Dive into the realm of Permanent Cosmetics and unlock your artistic potential. This course is an intricate blend of cosmetic techniques that utilize specialized needles to infuse pigments into the skin’s dermis layer, leading to semi-permanent or permanent alterations such as fuller eyebrows, precise eyeliner, or rich lip color.
As the beauty industry witnesses a surge in the popularity of permanent cosmetics, there’s an escalating demand for skilled permanent makeup artists. The Aesthetics Academy of Virginia is at the forefront of this movement, offering an immersive 200-hour program. Our curriculum equips students with the vital skills and knowledge necessary to excel as successful permanent makeup artists in this rapidly evolving sector.
Our dedicated team of experienced instructors, who bring a genuine passion for teaching, deliver the program. They cover a broad spectrum of essential topics – from the anatomy of the skin, different types of permanent makeup, and correct application techniques, to the business aspect of permanent makeup – all necessary for the Virginia State Board Licensing exam.
On successful completion of the program, students become eligible to undertake the State Board Licensing exam, and are ready to launch their own prosperous permanent makeup business.
Upon completion of this Permanent Cosmetics program, students gain proficiency to:
- Conduct comprehensive client needs and aesthetic goals assessments.
- Grasp and apply color theory in permanent makeup.
- Conceptualize and execute permanent makeup designs.
- Implement safe and effective permanent makeup applications.
- Operate and upkeep permanent makeup equipment efficiently.
- Formulate strategies to market and grow their permanent makeup business.
Our specialized curriculum encapsulates:
- Comprehensive understanding of aseptic techniques, including the setup of a sterile field, maintenance of sanitation throughout the procedure, disposal of sharps, and regulations pertaining to the service.
- Thorough insight into the process of client screening for cosmetic tattooing, understanding contraindications, medication considerations, and the proper consultation process. Detailed guidelines for client documentation are also provided.
- An in-depth exploration of skin anatomy and physiology, correct depth and needle placement techniques. Practical exercises on artificial skin and fruit to determine needle depth and post-procedure aftercare and healing education.
- Comprehensive training on color theory, pigment composition, and selecting the ideal color for each client. The curriculum also covers identifying ideal skin types for different techniques.
- Practical sessions on shaping, mapping, and achieving perfect symmetry on live models and dummies. Students learn to achieve perfection within 10 minutes.
- Techniques to determine the ideal procedure and pattern for every client using hair pattern growth knowledge.
- A complete kit with supplies sufficient to service up to 10 clients.
The Permanent Cosmetics program is a 200-hour program designed for full-time learners. It runs on Fridays and Saturdays from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm.
Career Opportunities in Permanent Makeup
The field of permanent makeup presents expansive opportunities for career growth and advancement. As a qualified permanent makeup artist, you can work in diverse settings including beauty salons, spas, and medical offices. Many of our graduates also find success as freelance artists, starting their own thriving businesses in the cosmetic industry.
The demand for proficient permanent makeup artists is on the rise, with a positive job outlook. Permanent makeup services, that enhance physical appearances and boost self-confidence, are increasingly popular among a wide range of clients.
How to Apply for the Permanent Cosmetics Program
To apply for the Permanent Cosmetics program at the Aesthetics Academy of Virginia, please click here to fill out our application form. We will promptly get in touch to schedule a tour of our facility.
We also offer a tour Monday through Friday from 10 am to 3 pm. Call (703) 774-6264 or (571) 313 -0279
Additional Details About Our Permanent Cosmetics Program
Our permanent makeup program is taught by passionate, experienced, and qualified instructors.
We offer our program in a state-of-the-art facility, incorporating hands-on training.
Upon completion of the program, students are eligible to sit for the State Board Licensing exam for permanent makeup artists.
Our program is available at a minimum class size. Please note that the Aesthetics Academy of Virginia reserves the right to cancel, reschedule, or postpone classes in case of insufficient enrollment.
frequently asked questions
Permanent cosmetics is a transformative beauty technique that uses specialized needles to deposit pigment into the skin's dermis layer. It results in semi-permanent or permanent enhancements, such as fuller eyebrows, defined eyeliner, or vibrant lip color.
Yes, permanent cosmetics is considered safe when performed by a skilled, qualified, and experienced professional. However, as with any cosmetic procedure, some potential risks include infection, allergic reactions, uneven pigmentation, loss of pigment, and scarring.
Permanent cosmetics can provide numerous benefits including boosted self-confidence, improved appearance, time-saving from daily makeup application, water-resistant makeup, and long-lasting results.
The cost of permanent cosmetics varies depending on the specific procedure, geographical location, and the practitioner's experience. It is generally a more costly option than traditional makeup due to its longevity.
The duration to complete permanent cosmetics procedures can vary. Typically, eyebrows take 2-3 hours, eyeliner takes 1-2 hours, and lip color application takes 1-2 hours.
The longevity of permanent cosmetics varies depending on the specific procedure and the individual. Typically, eyebrows last 1-3 years, eyeliner lasts 2-5 years, and lip color lasts 3-5 years.
Permanent cosmetics generally require touch-ups every 1-3 years to maintain the color and shape of the makeup.
Neglecting maintenance for permanent cosmetics can lead to fading or unevenness in eyebrows, blurry or uneven eyeliner, and faded or patchy lip color.
There are a number of alternatives to permanent cosmetics, including:
- Traditional makeup
- Semi-permanent makeup
- Permanent eyeliner
- Permanent lip color
Each course we offer at the Aesthetics Academy of Virginia is tailored to different objectives and career paths in the beauty industry. For instance:
- The Basic Esthetics Curriculum covers fundamental concepts of skin care, treatments, and client consultation. It's a great starting point for anyone interested in the broader field of esthetics.
- The Master Esthetics Curriculum delves into more advanced topics like medical esthetics, laser treatment, and chemical peels. It's suitable for those looking to further their esthetics career in more specialized areas or medical settings.
- Our Instructor Curriculum is designed for experienced professionals who wish to educate others in the field of esthetics.
- The Permanent Cosmetics Program focuses specifically on the art and science of permanent makeup application, which involves specialized techniques and a unique set of skills. This course is perfect for individuals seeking a career as a permanent makeup artist.